Important early map of Washington Territory, published by the General Land Office.
This is the last GLO map issued the year after the establishment of Idaho Territory, truncating Washington in the east to its final shape.
The map locates a number of Indian Reserves, forts, mountains, rivers, etc.
The St. Ignatius Catholic Mission is shown on Clark's Fork.
Harney's Depot is shown, an American Military Depot founded on June 24, 1859, established by Brigadier General William S. Harney, with the intent of preventing miners and settlers from encroaching further east into Indian Lands. The name would later be changed to Fort Colville.